Letter_size Contrast TextToSpeech
ar-capture 360-video


Liston Ꙛ This point of interest includes holographic video
Liston, one of the most important sights of Corfu, is located on the western part of Spianada. It is a residential complex and its construction began during the French Empire (1807-1814). It was built by the French diplomat Matthieu de Lesseps (1771-1832). The Corfiot engineer and military officer, Ioannis Parmesan (1748-1826) drew up the plans and partly undertook construction supervision. The external features of Liston are slightly inspired by the Rue de Rivoli de Paris and the Napoleonic architecture of the period. At the same time, care was taken to maintain its uniformity and to be consistent with the prominent buildings of the previous Venetian historic town, such as the Kompitsi mansion and the building of San Giacomo theatre which today houses the Town Hall. In its original form, it is a two-storey building. It took many years to be completed and its construction took place in parts through various construction phases and following revision of its original drawings, postponements and successive decisions made by the various bodies that ruled the island. For example, a significant change in the original floor plan of the building took place during British Rule (1815-1863) when two additional floors were gradually added and the arches were extended. For a long time, the building operated as a luxury hotel. Today it hosts cafés and restaurants on the ground floor and houses and offices on the other floors. References: Στανέλλος Λ., «Το Λιστόν της Κέρκυρας», Κέρκυρα 2009.
Cultural Tourism
Suitable for families
Accessible Tourism
Sustainable Tourism
Architectural tourism
Areas of Interest
Venetian Period
2nd period of French Rule
Historic Building
Historic Centre
Place for cultural events
Old town of Corfu A multicultural town (extended walking tour)
Old town of Corfu A multicultural town (short route)
Spianada Square and its historic landmarks
Short architecture-themed route
Famous buildings that after the Union of the Ionian islands with the newly established Greek state (1864) have been used for other purposes
First route for people with disabilities (short distance route)
Second route for people with disabilities (extended route)
School walking tour
"Corfu: A Romantic wedding destination"
Hologrammatic Route
Accessible to all
Visiting Hours
Public Space. Open area. Open all day.
This photograph has been created by the Laboratory of Interactive Arts of the Department of Audio and Visual Arts of the Ionian University, in the framework of the project "Digital Tour Guide using Augmented Reality and Holograms"" which is co-funded by the European Union, as part of the Operational Program "Ionian Islands 2014-2020", Integrated Information System: 5031254.

Terms of Use